This blog is an example of compound effort. Yes, just like interest, effort compounds too. In the 4 years I’ve been writing it every month the readership has increased. With no real marketing of the blog. Just good solid writing, be open and honest, sharing insights, and letting the wondrous SEO of wordpress do the rest on Google for me. A few things worth considering if you’re into blogging and want to build an audience.
- I have written 1 blog entry for every day this blog has been live. Consistency and frequency matter.
- Every entry is on the same topic. Startups and Entrepreneurship. I stay focused by having one of these two words in every entry.
- I love the topic my blog is about. I find it fascinating and would still write it if nobody was reading.
- 70% of my traffic is Long Tail, which means that every entry increases my total traffic flow.
- It taught me more about digital media and the internet that anything else I have done.
Of all things I have done in my career writing this blog has generated the most value. It has documented my thoughts, improved my thinking, built discipline, created a reputation, generated media coverage for rentoid, launched me as a business journalist in other business magazines, it places me number 1 in Google searches for the term startup blog in every country in the world and has built friendships and helped others.
If you read this blog regularly you are among 70,000 other people every month. So you’re in good company. Thanks for reading.