You may recall a blog entry I did on Simple permission marketing. The basic premise being, if we have a startup which is ‘interesting’, it’s not difficult to get some good media coverage which is ‘content’ – not advertising.
In the spirit on practicing what one preaches, here’s a little summary of how we’ve achieved this for rentoid.com
* You can see the article for each by click on each listed below:
– The Herald Sun Newspaper (biggest circulation in Australia)
– The Age Newspaper (most respected broadsheet in Australia)
– The Age – Livewire (web weekly of above)
– The Sydney Morning Herald (Sydney’s broadsheet)
– ABC radio – National Public radio – interview
– The Australian Financial Review (Wall Street Journal of Aust)
– Multiple targeted magazines & blogs
Net cost of all this was zero. No PR firm, no dodgy deals. Just honest conversation with people about rentoid.com and what we are doing.
It works, but it takes 2 things: effort and a lot of follow up.
Try it for your start up, and let start up blog know how you go!